Thursday 2 June 2016

I'm back!!! + Louboutin lipstick review



Hello!
Hope everyone is doing well and have had a wonderful May. I haven't so much as thought about blogging for so long now and my friend Chloe messaged me recently and jolted my memory and I now remember how much fun it used to be.
It's common to blame life getting in the way of your hobbies however you can always make time.
I celebrated my 18th birthday this last month and I had the most wonderful time. I was surrounded by friends and family and I couldn't have asked for a nicer time. I threw a Breakfast at Tiffany's themed garden party ( of course I did ) and received some lovely presents. One of which, was the Christian Louboutin lipstick gifted by my brother and sister. I say brother and sister but I think its fair to say my sister did the picking and she did a fabulous job.
The shade is satin trés decollete and I adore it. The packaging is super luxurious and the colour is perfect for my skin tone. I like the fact it isn't matte as I've been going off liquid/matte style lipsticks recently due to their drying qualities and the inevitable Kylie Jenner look. This shade is a salmon pink with a fair amount of gloss and its incredibly pretty. It's extremely wearable and although it looks too pretty to use, I bit the bullet and have been wearing it often.
I love the finish of the formula and it feel very luxurious on the lips leaving them feeling moisturised and soft however the lipstick comes at a heavy price. £60 for a lipstick could be seen as overpriced and although I love the colour, I don't think I could afford to continually buy it if it runs out.
However, I feel that you pay for the luxurious packaging, the name and the ability to carry around a Louboutin in your handbag and not just the lipstick inside.
Let me know what blog posts you'd like to see again and I might have a £200 order of makeup from net-a-porter arriving tomorrow so I will keep you posted..







lots of love,
Millie  x

No comments:

Post a Comment