Monday 5 January 2015

Audrey Book Collection // MostlyMilly

I seem to have subconsciously acquired a collection of Audrey Hepburn books. I suppose it's because every time I see a new one I simply can't walk away from it and they're the perfect gift for an Audrey fan like myself so they are a regular at my birthday and at Christmas. 
Here are the Audrey books I have in my possession and also a list of other Audrey books I've read due to borrowing them from the library. 



1. Just Being Audrey - Margaret Cardillo and Julia Denos
This book is aimed more towards younger children but I really wanted it because of the wonderful illustrations inside. It simply tells the story of Audrey's life and would be the perfect gift for a little girl. Definitely buying this for one of my cousin's birthdays, it's very sweet and is a great introduction to Audrey.  





2. To Audrey with love - Hubert de Givenchy
One of the most recent additions to my collection. This book is quite pricey but it really is beautiful. It's an ode to Audrey by one of her closest friends Givenchy and includes stunning sketches of clothes he designed for her through the years, including some from her most famous films. 






3. Audrey Hepburn and the making of Breakfast at Tiffany's - Sam Wasson
If you're a fan of Breakfast at Tiffany's this book is definitely for you.  It includes a lot of information about the making of the film and how it evolved from Capote's 1958 novella to the classic film Audrey is so known for today. 



4. What Would Audrey Do? - Pamela Keogh
I adore this book. If you want tips on how to act like Audrey you should invest in this book. It has plenty of tips,tricks and ideas on how to imitate Audrey's effortless style, grace and kindness. 



5.  How to be lovely - Melissa Hellstern
Another pretty little book full of ways you can incorporate Audrey into your own personality and life.


6. Audrey The 60s - David Willis
‘This gorgeous book contains more than 200 photographs, some iconic, some rare and some previously unseen...Recollections and tributes from designers, photographers, friends and co-stars as well as reminiscences from Hepburn herself make for a book which should delight every devotee.
(Daily Mail)

One of my favourites. I found this a few months ago and I scraped out the bottom of my purse to buy it. It's constantly sat on my coffee table in my room and I love to flick through the pictures. It's the perfect coffee table book and a lovely gift for an Audrey fan.





7. The Audrey Hepburn treasures - foreward by Sean Hepburn Ferrer
This is a very special Audrey book. It originally belonged to my Grandma and before I really knew who Audrey was, I used to flick through it at her house, not really fully understanding the importance of the lady in the photographs or having any knowledge of how much she would influence my life in the coming years. It still really belongs to my Grandma but I look after it in my collection and it makes me happy to flick through the pictures and the treasures inside. Inside the book you will find not only a moving foreward written by her son Sean but precious copies of things like letters she wrote, a programme from her days in Gigi and many unseen photographs. This to me, is the ultimate Audrey book.





8.  Audrey Hepburn photographs 1953-1966 - Bob Willoughby
My dad gave this to me for Christmas and I love it. It includes so many wonderful pictures I've not even come across before and is a lovely addition to my coffee table, sitting lovingly next to my 'Audrey the 60's' book. 







Other books I've read from the library :

- Enchantment: The Life of Audrey Hepburn : Donald Spoto
A lovely biography on Audrey's life and career. I've read many biographies on various celebrities and I feel Donald treats Audrey with respect and paints her as the wonderful, classy woman she was. A good read for someone who knows little about Audrey, very informative and interesting.



- Audrey Hepburn,  An Elegant spirit : Sean Hepburn
An extremely touching book by her son Sean that sheds light on Audrey's personal life and how she affected so many people in wonderful ways. Includes lots of personal, unseen pictures. I would recommend purchasing this book as the funds go to UNICEF. ( I only just found this out )


- Audrey Style: Pamela Keogh, introduction by Hubert de Givenchy
Loved this book. Fantastic for anyone interested in Audreys clothes over the years. A good place to gather inspiration for your own wardrobe.



There are plenty of Audrey Hepburn books out there and my collection is no where near finished. If you have any of these books I've mentioned or even a recommendation for one that I haven't mentioned please feel free to comment down below! Would love to know of any others to add to my collection :)

lots of love and thank you for reading x

bloglovin x


No comments:

Post a Comment