Sunday 23 November 2014

Natural makeup for young girls // MostlyMilly





 When I was 12 and started to wear makeup I had no older sister to show me how to put it on. I frequently went to school with foundation moustaches, a lovely orange line on my chin and best of all, concealer lips. My nickname became ‘oompa loompa’ which speaks for itself. 
My little sister Nancy is at that age now but is FAR more sensible and image aware than I was back then. Her skin is flawless so theres no real rush to wear concealer or foundation. Whenever she does wear a little bit of makeup for parties etc, she seems to understand the beauty of ‘less is more’ unlike myself at that age. Yesterday she allowed me to do her makeup for her as long as I kept it natural. Here is what I used :) 


First I used this Body Shop BB Cream in 02. This colour is way too dark for me but it matches Nancy perfectly. It doesn’t look cakey like a foundation could but looks natural and moisturising, perfect for someone just starting out in makeup who’s not quite up for a full face of foundation yet.


 I set her face with this Rimmel Stay matte long lasting pressed powder.


On her eyes I used some matte brown shades from my BH natural palette.


On her eyebrows I used a Rimmel eyebrow pencil and my holy grail eyebrow mascara Maybelline Browdrama in dark blonde.


To bronze up her face I brushed on a little of the Bourjois chocolate bronzer which again, suited her face much nicer than it’s ever suited mine. 


For her cheeks, Milani baked blush in luminoso.


My favourite mascara at the moment from Burberry which separates your eyelashes really naturally and without clumps.


For her lips I used the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 26 and a seventeen lipgloss.



 Here is the finished look! I think she looks really pretty but not overdone and I could have really done with this post when I was 12 :( 



Thank you for reading! If you enjoy my posts please give me a follow on bloglovin here x


5 comments:

  1. I think without BB cream and powder it would've looked a little more natural to be honest but if it's for a party, I'm sure it's okay and she really doesn't look overdone. I'd never have worn as much make-up when I was 12 though. I started wearing mascara when I was 14 or 15 and stayed with that for quite a while actually.

    darjeelingtealeaves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it depends on the person :) I was wearing a lot of makeup when I was young just because I enjoyed it, it's personal preference really :)

      Delete
    2. It definitely is :) And better have a little natural inspiration like this than look like you've fallen into a pot of foundation and bronzer :)

      Delete
    3. Just been having a little stalk of your blog and this is such a lovely post! I didn't have a Mum or older sister to show me how to apply makeup and like you I definitely went through the Oompa Loompa stage before I found my own way. Your little sister looks so lovely, I definitely need some of that BB cream in my life! Caitlin @ lacethrillsx.blogspot.co.uk x

      Delete
    4. stalk away! Thank you so much for reading, I'm definitely going to be having a stalk through your posts now :) x

      Delete